A Post: On Carbon Monoxide

August 23, 2017

Carbon monoxide is a serious concern when investing in industrial, commercial office, commercial retail, and even residential real estate. This poisonous gas can cause serious health problems and eventual death. It is an extreme liability to any real estate investor, and should be addressed consistently and with the highest concern. This post details what carbon monoxide is and the symptoms associated with it. We will write more in a future post on how to mitigate such a risk.

 

Carbon monoxide, or CO, is produced by burning wood, gasoline, heating oil, and other fuels. It is an odorless and colorless gas, which greatly adds to its dangerousness. Everyday items, whether commercial or residential, that utilize combustion such as furnaces, stoves, grills, fireplaces, and water heaters as all potential sources of carbon monoxide. 

 

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can range from the following:

  • Headache

  • Dizziness

  • Weakness

  • Nausea

  • Confusion

  • Difficulty breathing

  • Blurred vision

  • Loss of consciousness

 

Noticing the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning takes knowledge, so become familiar with the symptoms listed above. Do not be afraid to ask how a tenant, a tenant’s employees, or someone in your own office is feeling. It is always best to be safe and consistent when dealing with carbon monoxide issues. Contact Industrial Commercial Real Estate to discuss how we can provide thorough carbon monoxide mitigation and other real estate investment protection services.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please reload

Featured Posts

Property Management | Autumn

September 4, 2017

1/5
Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Archive
Please reload

Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

© 2019 Industrial Commercial Real Estate, LLC 

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon